Kamala Beach

I am currently sitting in my poolside room in Kamala Beach in Phuket with the air con on. The room is only costing me five hundred baht a night (twenty dollars Australian). Today it has reached thirty four with a high humidity that causes me to sweat no end. A swim in the ocean and another in the pool only soothes me for a short time. I have learnt the advantage of siesta time here, in other words rest up in the afternoon if it is too hot. The mornings and evenings are for moving around.


It’s quiet here at the moment as it is the low season, but then I like it like this. I have caught up with a couple of fellow Tasmanians and enjoyed the local cuisine. Rice soup being one of my favourite meals, it is easy on the stomach and filling at the same time. I can buy it here for ninety baht (about three fifty Australian). Breakfast, eggs on toast, bacon and an orange juice cost me one hundred and ten baht ( a bit over four dollars). And the beer is usually eighty baht, sixty when it is happy hour.

The book titled ‘Tears in Thailand’ is finished, all I have to do now is make some small changes, edit and proof read it a couple of times and correct as many mistakes as possible before I approach a publisher. It’s only a small novella of some thirty thousand words. I have decided on an ending, but in reality the real ending is still floating out there in the miasma. I have to convert the book to chapters as it is set up for ebook distribution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Thailand

Corona virus heartache

Kamala Beach-more on food