Settling back in Tasmania

The book Tears in Thailand has been printed but I have run into problems with distribution in Thailand. Asia books wanted to change the cover, I didn't. So at the moment the book is only available on smashwords.com as an e-book. I have a lot more work published on this e-book site so feel free to peruse some of the highly acclaimed novels. I will be back in Thailand in May of this year and will be looking at setting up some independent outlets for the book in Phuket. A writers journey is never easy.
While back home in Tasmania I have been writing book reviews for a local newsletter and a few small articles. I have also been tinkering with some novels but I am having trouble settling down to actually write. I think I need some motivation, some inspiration.
While at home I have sent submissions of my work off to some high profile publishers with no response other than the computer generated reply. Why do they bother having a submissions section if they don't give some sort of feedback? With some feedback this would prove that they have actually taken time out to read your work. All writers know the stories, of which there are countless, of books that have turned out to be best sellers that were ignored. The Harry Potter series is a perfect example.
If you google the earnings of the major publishers around the world you will see that they are making billions of dollars, so there really is no reason why they can't have an efficient submissions department. I am sure what they would find is that they will pick a higher standard of work which would more than pay for the extra expense.
I think a lot of publishers, including e-book publishers, have become lazy in that they are making money so they don't really care about the quality of work they put out. I think every reader can understand what I am trying to say here. I have read thousands of books and while there are some great writers out there they are dwarfed by the low standard of work that is now published.
I mentioned that I undertake reviews in a local magazine, these reviews are independent, in other words they are not attached to any particular author. I choose my reviews on merit alone, or how the novel reaches into my inner being, how it affects me. I have published on smashwords.com a book on reviews, in other words, I have selected the books that I have enjoyed and passed them on to you the reader. I am currently updating this book, adding a lot more reviews. It is an ongoing process.
Till next time and I hope you can find that all night reader.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Thailand

Corona virus heartache

Kamala Beach-more on food